At the start of 2017, Active Gloucestershire were commissioned by the City Council to bring together key interested parties and explore the need for developing the Blackbridge fields.
Thanks to funding from the Podsmead Big Local, we have been able to undertake a needs analysis and produce some concept designs for the site. As a result, the working brief around facilities for this site includes:
- Sustainable flood alleviation management (protecting the field and surrounding areas)
- A community hub building (including meeting spaces, fitness areas, offices and changing rooms)
- A 3G artificial pitch for multi sports
- A new access road from Podsmead road
- A new car park; and
- Significant landscaping across the field
We are now moving into phase two and will be embedded within the overall plans for the regeneration of Podsmead. Gloucester City Homes have commissioned Active Gloucestershire to continue their project management for the next 12 months. This is alongside the wider Podsmead regeneration project team. The Blackbridge project has its own timescale which aims to deliver its improvements within 2-3 years.
It promises to be an exciting 12 months ahead with further opportunities for local residents to give us their thoughts on the proposed facilities. Alongside this we will be working with planning consultants to create full designs for the site and establish the operating model.
If you have any questions or queries that please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org